Monday 16 January 2012

Beginnings

My name is Madeleine, and I have just turned six months old.

So far, life has been jolly exciting.  Since being born at home, unexpectedly, in the bathroom, it's all been fairly damn eventful.  I have fallen asleep in the Sistine Chapel, completed a scary term of Water Babies classes, which seem to involve having my head dunked under the water an awful lot, ridden on trains, planes and automobiles, pulled some sizeable chunks of Ginger Cat's fur out without admonishment or injury (to me at least), and watched an awful lot of other people eating, everywhere from rustic pizza joints to fancy French restaurants to chocolate shops in Tallinn.  (My parents like their grub).

crepe is messy!
However, in the last month or so, as I have begun to wake up to the world, things have really starting hotting up.  First off - none of this sitting idly by whilst everyone else chows down - no Sirree!  On 23rd December, it suddenly came to me in a blinding flash of inspiration, and I made my first full grab for my Mum's BLT whilst airborne, en route to Heathrow.  (Three weeks later, I'm pleased to report I've had my teeth in an authentic French Chocolate and Chantilly crepe, a full Christmas dinner and I even nearly got some ice-cream last night).  This is me giving the chocolate crepe my best shot.  I'm afraid my table manners possibly need a little more work....

Last month was also my debut attendance at my first theatrical performance (The Singing Kettle).  Darlings!  I LOVED THEM!!  And sat completely transfixed throughout the entire performance, despite all those gloomy predictions from well-meaning on-lookers who though I might be a "bit too young" to enjoy it.  Huh!  "You cannot throw your Granny off the Bus" (cos she's your mammy's mammy) was clearly the high point for me.  However, my Mummy assures me that once I have had a broader range of experiences, I will probably develop something called "taste" and become a little more discerning.

My Mummy has also been exposing me to modern art, on the off chance I have talent.  Here I am, engaged in some early art appreciation with my Daddy.  Scary Big Baby eh?  Bet she got stuck in the birth canal!

Anyway, that's a bit about me.  I'm led to believe The World is a totally spiffing place.  I'm also told I'm rather adorable, and not only  highly intellligent, but most likely hugely talented or especially gifted.  This exploring business is going to be a hell of a lot of fun.

This blog is all about my adventures in the big wide world!

Please feel feel to join me!  We are going to have a ball!

Love Madeleine

                X x

No comments:

Post a Comment