Thursday 5 April 2012

Pretty in Pink

 What are grandmothers for?  To spoil little girls of course.  How lucky am I? For this week, I have been visiting my brand spanking new Gran at her home in Provence, France.   New in the sense, that "we" only just got her officially.  She married my Granddad on Easter Saturday.  

Visits to Gran Kat and Granddad John are always full of presents.  Here I am in the ballerina outfit that Gran bought me from Canada, playing with my new Ostrich, Catherine's beads and Granddad's cigars.  (It's a filthy habit by the way Granddad - give it up immediately!)  As well as new clothes and toys, Gran Kat also managed to sneak me my first taste of chocolate  (Sshhh... don't tell Daddy!).


Sinister Dolly was still there, still playing peek-a-boo.  Here I am trying to explain, yet again, that although we are similarly dressed, I am far, far more interesting!  I am, aren't I?


St Maxime

Talking of exciting, this trip did include something quite new: my first proper experience of the seaside.  We had a spade and buckets and everything.  It has to be admitted, it wasn't totally a success.  I sat down in the sand, and having peered at it with some interest, I followed by usual modus operandi for close inspection.  Before anyone could stop me I had stuffed a huge handful into my mouth.  It was disgusting!  I didn't really recover after that, despite the fact that I am too young to be disappointed that the Carousel hadn't opened for the season yet.  The spade tasted good though.  Maybe next trip I will enjoy it all a bit better!  



Roll on Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment