Tuesday 10 April 2012

Fete de L'Oeuf


The Festival of the Egg - that's Easter to you and me.  The day began swimmingly well - Gran Kat disappeared to the Baker, and returned with a chocolate hen.  Prior to this, I've only had the odd smear of chocolate (ice-cream and homemade cake), so a whole chocolate hen to myself was  pretty much like 0 to 60.  It was  amazing!  Never saw that chocolate bunny from Auntie Sonja though.  Mummy says you have to draw the line somewhere!

After lunch we headed to the pretty mountain village of Tourtour, which was immersed in its egg festival.  Big girls and boys painting them, huge paper mache ones in a zillion different colours hanging from every tree, splatted ones made of canvas crafted on the neighbouring hillside; and chickens - yes, hens of every fabrication and breed in every nook and cranny - real ones in boxes, pottery ones, paper plate hens - you name it!

I was taking it all in - the band, the DJ, the clucking hens.   No more chocolate was forth coming, but I liked it anyway - even if it was a bit chilly on the top of the mountain, despite the sunshine.  

Later on, I was even moved to do my first proper crawl - when I recognised one of those yummy chocolate egg things that everyone else seemed to be getting my fair share of!  It's hard being only 8 months old, you know.  I'm going to leave you with a little video I took of the Jazz Band.  They were awesome!







No comments:

Post a Comment