Saturday 3 March 2012

A nice day out in Peebles

Daddy had the day off work yesterday, so we headed down to Peebles for a little jaunt.  Cullen Skink and my first taste of a home-made Houmous and bread for lunch followed by a tasty beetroot chocolate cake for afters at the Sunflower Restaurant.    It was all a bit bleak, but we went to their swing park anyway, before going for a wee amble down along the River Tweed  (great tarmacked pathway if anyone fancies a walk with a buggy by the way).  

I understand it is rumoured that the whole place brightens up for about half a day sometime in May, and with this in mind, Mummy kept mentioning nice places to have a picnic.  I suppose when you get that one hour burst of sunshine it is best to be prepared with some sort of plan in mind.

By far the best thing about the day was nipping into the deli on the way back through the High Street.  Mummy is partial to those French Fruit Tarts, and bought one to take home for dessert - but I got my share too.  Delicious!  We'd already been out to the library in the morning for 30 minutes of rhymes and songs - without a Wheels on the Bus in sight.  My favourite song at the moment is the Hokey Cokey, and I will burst into giggles for anyone who'll do it for me.  So all and all a pretty full day- I couldn't wait to get to my bed at 7 o'clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment