Monday 19 March 2012

Mill Farm

 A lovely day out with Mummy, Auntie Fiona, Brogan and Imogen on Mill Farm today - of course, I use lovely day in the Scottish sense of the word.  It is March.  It is Scotland.  There were no blizzards or hurricanes or driving rain.  It was, of course, freezing, but that didn't deter us - indeed it just made the place all the emptier - all the better to get to the trampolines.  I was especially taken with the small animals today - especially the chickens, but they wouldn't stand still for a photo opportunity - and these wonderful gaggling geese.  I'm not so sure about the goats - they looked pretty out there!


Even though it was March and freezing, this didn't deter Auntie Fiona and Mummy from opting for a picnic.  Mummy said it was my first, but Daddy points out that there was that time we went up to that Loch that almost sunny day last summer.  However, I spent pretty much all of that picnic asleep in my car seat.  It is also discounted because I was too young to actually eat.

Besides the animals and the picnic area, Mill Farm is also noted for the large number of bouncy things.  My favourite was the Jelly Belly - hugely good fun.  It's like a huge rubbery thing for bouncing on - I know that isn't the most polished description.  The trampolines are also very wobbly.  However, I missed out on the Bouncy Cow (pictured below).  Imogen and I were napping.  I understand from the photographs though, that everyone else got on for a bounce.  Serves me right for going to sleep.


Today was also the day I pretty much got waving cracked too. By the bus home, I was waving at everyone.  Some people even waved back.

Mill Farm is open most days, 10 am to 5pm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment