Thursday 2 August 2012

Edinburgh Festival

On my way to the Festival
 Apparently, I am really too young to fully appreciate the Fringe Festival, but Mummy is under the impression that I am very advanced, and after only one day, gave up any idea of waiting for the half price tickets to kick in and jumped on the bus to town to see my first proper Fringe Festival performance.


Given my abiding interest in all things duck-like, she chose "The Ugly Duckling" at the C venue - the story of one ugly duckling - not that it matters, as it's what's inside that counts, obviously.  My main criticism is that although it took place in a farmyard, it didn't contain any ducks at all.  I counted a goose, a hen, a stork, a dog, a cat and an ugly duckling, who actually turned out to be a swan (pictured).  Never mind, it is probably neither here nor there, as I am calling anything vaguely bird-like a duck anyway.  Over all I enjoyed it.  I sat on the edge of Mummy's lap for the entire 50 minutes (except when I was snacking), my little eyes on stalks, watching these insane adults go crazy.  I would do it again, no bother.  Mummy especially enjoyed the cat's dancing.


"The Ugly Duckling" at C
I was considerably braver than one of the other little girls, who spent most of the performance bawling.  I might think about doing that next year.  This year I was simply intrigued.  There were only 8 of us children watching too - so if I had followed suit that would have been a quarter of the audience in tears.  


Edinburgh is very busy now that the Festival on, and very exciting too.  Someone gave me this lovely red balloon for no reason at all.  I am also enjoying watching all the street performers, and the bands at the Mound.  


Today I also got my first pair of shoes.  I am pulling myself up quite well and cruising round the furniture.  In the last few days, I have also managed to work out how to crawl up and down the stairs.  I have to confess, I am not really keen on the shoes at all!


Lunch in Princess Street Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment